Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blue Bottle Coffee Company in Los Angeles

Yesterday, LAWeekly's Squid Ink blog reported that Blue Bottle Coffee is being brewed in a second location in Los Angeles. Well, hot damn. A second location? I didn't know there was a first.


Equator Books, a new store specializing in out of print, collectibles, vintage vinyl and some art are now brewing up Blue Bottle. Investigating pics on Equator's website, it looks shockingly reminiscent of Echo Park's own Stories.



This being a long weekend, my having a new camera to play with and all, I will be heading west for some adventuring...and ultimately to find out of Equator is brewing Blue Bottle Coffee Blue Bottle Style, one cup at a time.

image courtesy of Yelp

PS: I am working to confirm the second location. Let's hope it's also to be found further east. Please stay tuned. And yes, regularly a non-coffee drinker due to the acidity in coffee and a tender stomach, if I am this excited about coffee it is because Blue Bottle is that damned good. Thanks T for introducing me to it.

8 comments:

tgirl said...

VENICE???? Please find BBC closer to home. I would so drink of their iced coffees right now. Nom Nom Slurp!

Anonymous said...

Where is the first location. I looked at their website and only see locations in the bay area? Where is the LA location?

Food, she thought. said...

I am working to find the first LA location...I am sure it's simply brewed at the 1st location in LA not a BBC store. I wish to heavan it WAS a BBC store.

SinoSoul said...

I'd think a call to bottle bottle HQ would yield where they sell their beans?

That said, an actual phone call would require some type of journalistic integrity and work ethic, neither of which I have. Haha!

Have fun with the cam this weekend! You're hard core for driving 20 miles just for a cup of joe. If it were Ritual/Four Barrel, I'd be totally down.

Food, she thought. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mattatouille said...

Blue Bottle is decent, but why get it if Intelligentsia Venice is just down the street? Intelligentsia is superior to Blue Bottle, in addition to being better than Ritual and Four Barrel. I'd probably try Blue Bottle (in LA, I've had it in Berkeley farmer's market) if it were in Mid-City somewhere, where there aren't any good coffee shops of note.

Food, she thought. said...

Matt: I'll believe it when I taste it, and on that note I am feeling a coffee tasting marathon in my future. A 3-day weekend has made me all kinds of ambitious.

mattatouille said...

Upon recollection of my tasting of blue bottle, the coffee is grossly overroasted and strong. just not my style. it is interesting that they're serving four barrel coffee at the nearby tasting kitchen. i do suggest a coffee marathon down abbot kinney.