Friday, November 7, 2008

The Owl Tree

The Owl Tree
601 Post St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 359-1600

I both miss the old Owl Tree and love its newest incarnation.


I used to love to drink here when every surface was covered by owls of all shapes, sizes and materials. Strangely, behind the bar near the cash register stood a lone pink haired troll. I was obsessed with her. I used to sing the Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the others..." to her when I was sitting at the bar.


The original owner passed a way some years back and the new owner remodeled, but kept the name and a ghost of the concept.


The new owner also keeps a shrine in memorium to the previous owner that is well done and incredibly loving, IMO.

It may be modeled, and sleek and new. But it is still the Owl Tree.

On a warm fall night in SF, they can throw the windows wide open. I am sure the flood lights right outside the tinted windows are for pedestrian safety and bar security after dark. However, they were blindingly bright coming in the window. We tried to block them with the umbrella.

No comments: