Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Love Ya Blog Award

While the "Love Ya Blog Award" does appear to be the blogger equivalent of a chain letter, I am nevertheless pleased as punch at being on the receiving end. My Twittering friend Marmie blogging from Pamplemousse! awarded it to me this week. The gist of the award is as follows:

"Apparently this award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I am not going to say I am above self-aggrandizement. The act of blogging itself is about the most self-aggrandizing event that occurs in my life on a regular basis and I somewhat revel in my ability and willingness to participate in such an endeavor, never having been self-aggrandizing previously in life. It sure can be fun.

Now, onto the forwarding of my eight "Love Ya Blog Award"s.

1. Tony of Sinosoul

2. H.C. from LA-OC-Foodventures

3. Matt of mattatouille

4. Vervets from the woolly monkey

5. E from Reykjavik Harbor Watch (and who I miss dearly)

6. EKD from Blog of Me (even though she already got one :-p)

7. T from dClutterfly

8. Kevin from KevinEats

8. Aaron from FoodDestination

8. M (?) from Street Gourmet LA (who I hope to stir up trouble with sometime soon)

8. Cristine from Folie a Choisauce (last but not least)

5 comments:

kevinEats said...

Thanks for the mention Liz. Here's to self-aggrandizement!

H. C. said...

Aww thanks!

SinoSoul said...

Liz.. you're so nice. Seriously, you know I'm a total twat. HC & Kevin, not so much..

Have fun in Vegas! hmm... agedashi tofu, oden, beer!

Let's chow next week!

Food, she thought. said...

Yanno, the more I have thought about these awards all day, the more I think about how many bloggers I know and like that got left out. The LA blogging community rocks.

And Tony, you're only a twat in a good way.

Love Is Life said...

Hi,

I appriciate the skills of your blog writing and the time sharing with us.
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.